Business Development Manager (Merseyside)
We are one of the leading independent suppliers of Document Solutions in the industry, providing photocopiers, printers and office supplies. We combine the best hardware and software technology from market-leading manufacturers to exactly meet the needs of the customer. Supplying copy, print, fax and scan systems and document management and workflow software solutions for office and production environments.
We are growing quickly and require an exceptional Business Development Manager for a role based in our Birkenhead office. If you think you have what it takes in combination with the relevant skill set required, we want to hear from you. B2B sales experience is essential.
You’ll need to be someone who thrives on opening doors, and winning new business. You will be supporting the business by identifying prospects, selling products and services by phone, answering incoming customer calls, making outgoing sales calls and closing opportunities. You will be expected to generate new business through own means and methods, cold calling, lead generation, networking, and new business marketing.
You must be confident on the telephone and IT literate. Experience within the IT sector is preferable but not essential. You must be polite, professional and keen to learn. A great opportunity to develop skills, to gain experience in managing your own task load. The role requires you to deliver against business priorities and targets to drive our growth.
- You will be required to generate your own leads, appointments and referrals targeting B2B.
- Speak to businesses and owners, gather information about the key decision maker and to introduce the company and products to them.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for achieving and exceeding specific sales targets
- Manage the full sales lifecycle, closing sales and drive revenue
- Drive and maintain our high levels of customer service and support
- Schedule sales opportunities with business owners and directors to promote our products and services.
- Accurately build, manage and maintain your sales pipeline.
- Thrive on working in a fast paced, target focused high energy and high reward culture
- Achieve designated call activity targets
- Liaising with new and existing clients.
- Ensure the daily/weekly/monthly reporting is completed
- Managing client accounts
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships
- Provide sales forecasting/prospecting reports to Managing Director
Successful candidates will have had some experience in selling IT equipment on the phone or face to face. You should be self-motivated and results orientated. Excellent communication skills are a must, as our value proposition needs to be communicated at all levels within major organisations.
You will possess the ability to work under pressure, and above all be sales and service driven.
You will have developed strong customer relationships and have some experience in selling IT equipment on the phone. We are primarily looking for candidate’s that are driven and motivated to drive the organisation even further forward.
Experience in a telesales or business equipment or solutions environment is an advantage. A proven track record in telephone lead generation and/or selling is necessary. Competence on the telephone and a good knowledge of CRM systems are vital, as is a methodical approach to keeping records.
You will be supporting the business by identifying prospects, marketing products and services by phone, answering incoming customer calls and making outgoing sales calls.
- You will have experience in outbound B2B telesales and demonstrable experience of transactional sales and the ability to close sales over the phone (preferably within the office supplies industry).
- You will have the ability to work successfully in a target based environment.
- You will have the ability to speak to a varied range of customers.
- We’re looking for you to be able to show initiative, eager to learn and able to work as a team as well as individually.
- You will be confident and tenacious.
- You will have the ability to research your own leads, using sources such as LinkedIn.
- Flawless communication and interpersonal skills; a high standard of both written and spoken English, comfortable presenting to clients and ‘cold calling’
- Strong team player fostering strong working relationships across both teams and departments and external clients/suppliers
- Proven track record in an IT Sales environment
- High standard of IT literacy, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Pipedrive CRM.
- Strong client relationship and client management skills.
- Proactive approach, with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- A strong understanding of the sales process
- The ability to influence and negotiate with clients at senior levels
- New business development skills
What will I receive in return?
- You will be part of an ambitious business where hard work, dedication and contribution to business goals will be noticed and rewarded.
- Salary: £40,000 OTE
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours of Work: 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meeting customer needs.
- Location: Office based, Birkenhead (Liverpool)