Field Service Engineer
Logic are one of the leading independent suppliers of Document Solutions in the industry, providing photocopiers, printers and office supplies. We combine the best hardware and software technology from market-leading manufacturers to exactly meet the needs of the customer. Supplying copy, print, fax and scan systems and document management and workflow software solutions for office and production environments.
We are growing quickly and require an exceptional Field Service Engineer to work in Merseyside, Manchester, Cheshire and the surrounding areas. You will be servicing, repairing and maintaining a wide range of photocopiers and printers including Sharp, Xerox, Konica Minolta and Ricoh products. If you think you have what it takes in combination with the relevant skill set required, we want to hear from you.
This company has grown significantly based on providing the highest standards of customer service and their field engineers are an integral part of this. All engineers receive bespoke in house training complemented by manufacturer accredited courses.
- Installing new equipment at customer premises and providing basic training to users.
- Servicing, repairing and refurbishing equipment in a professional manner, maintaining the highest quality and technical standards.
- Preparing equipment for delivery to customers.
- Continually updating and improving product knowledge and technical skills.
- Perform to KPI’s in line with company policy
The successful candidate will ideally have some experience working with office equipment or a strong engineering or technical background.
- Qualified to NVQ level or similar, or time served
- Technical skills, with a strong electronic and / or mechanical background
- PC Literate with some knowledge of connectivity
- An understanding of electronic / electrical circuits
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items and understand appropriate manual handling techniques
- Keen to develop and learn
- Self-motivated and organized, able to prioritise work schedules to maximise efficiency and customer service
- The ability to provide first class customer service and have previous customer facing experience.
- Friendly personality and excellent communication skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Full, clean UK driving licence
Desirable skills / experience:
- Good understanding of the printing process and some experience of networking equipment would be an advantage.
- Experience in electrical engineering
- Experience in computing, IT and/or networking
- Any additional experience with hardware repair
- Understanding of setting up printers and/or scanners
- Knowledge of Windows Server and routers
- Formal IT qualifications
- Experience in the office equipment industry
- Previous experience working on Sharp, Xerox, Konica Minolta or Ricoh machines.
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of an ambitious business where hard work, dedication and contribution to business goals will be noticed and rewarded.
- Salary: £20,000 to £26,000 dependent on experience.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Company Vehicle
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Mobile phone
- Full initial and ongoing training
- Genuine career progression
- Hours of Work: 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meeting customer needs.