IT Support Technician (Merseyside)
We are seeking to appoint, an enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated IT Support Technician, to start as soon as possible. Reporting to the System Resource Manager, your primary role is to install, configure and support bespoke network print and scan solutions to customers. You will also provide first line support for hardware, software and user issues.
Ideally, you will have experience working in a busy environment. You will need to be flexible in your approach, undertake a range of duties and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As well as diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with software and equipment you will find it is a varied role, providing plenty of challenges, and a great opportunity to learn.
This role will be suitable for someone starting their IT career who has a great passion and aptitude for Information Technology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility is to install, configure and support bespoke software network print and scan solutions
- Provide training to end users, both remotely and on site.
- Provide front line technical support for customers at peak times via phone and email.
- Respond quickly in an appropriate manner to all requests for assistance or support.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain basic hardware, infrastructure, software, and operating systems.
- Configuring PC’s and laptops.
- Installing and supporting Windows operating systems 10 and Microsoft Office 2010 and 365.
- Assist with any reasonable technical or administrative IT related task that may be requested.
- Liaise with third parties on server & communication issues.
- Assisting in deploying new systems, together with associated staff support.
- Communicate progress clearly throughout working to resolve the issue. The risks and issues must be highlighted where relevant proposing contingencies & solutions.
- Monitoring and administering the helpdesk ticket system.
- Creating new user accounts.
- Supporting and creating simple reports.
- Working on high value customer projects.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage own workload and timetables.
- A willingness and aptitude to learn new skills.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and outstanding telephone skills
- Proactive approach, with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively
- Ability to effectively manage customer relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations
- Highly developed and creative approach to problem solving
- Keen interest in IT Support and software solutions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Based Operating Systems, preferably administering Active Directory, Server 2013/2016 Exchange 2013 onwards and Office 2016/ O365.
- An understanding of PC Hardware and Windows 7 & 10 Configuration and support.
- Basic understanding of networking & troubleshooting.
- Experience of print and scan office equipment.
- Experience with administrating Voip phone systems is preferable but not essential.
- Previous experience in an IT Assistant / IT Administration role.
- Previous experience of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook support.
- Windows server 2008/2012 exposure.
- Hardware diagnostics, knowledge of laptop & desk top builds.
What will I receive in return?
- You will be part of an ambitious business where hard work, dedication and contribution to business goals will be noticed and rewarded.
- Salary: £16,000 – £19,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours of Work: 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meeting customer needs.
Location: Office based, Birkenhead (Liverpool)