Technical Support Engineer
We are one of the leading independent suppliers of Document Solutions in the industry, providing photocopiers, printers and office supplies. We combine the best hardware and software technology from market-leading manufacturers to exactly meet customer requirements. Supplying copy, print, fax and scan systems and document management and workflow software solutions for office and production environments.
We require a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support to customers.
You must be confident on the telephone, polite, professional, keen to learn and possess a recent IT qualification.
- Installing and configuring new software and hardware
- Diagnosing and solving technical issues, remotely and on the phone
- Providing customers with useful advice and feedback
- Running maintenance checks and testing products
- Analysing fault records to spot trends
- Creating and updating self-help documents and videos
- Assisting on customer solution projects
- Dealing with customer queries, providing technical support
- Updating records on Management Information System
- Assist with any reasonable technical or administrative task that may be requested
Successful candidates will have a recent IT qualification and keen to work in a technically focused, customer service role. This role will be ideal for candidates looking to start their business career.
You will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to talk people through processes in a clear and straight forward way.
- IT qualification, diploma or degree.
- A great team player but to be able to work in confidence by themselves
- A desire to show initiative and be a forward thinker
- A willingness and aptitude to learn new skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and outstanding telephone skills
- Proactive approach, with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively
- Ability to effectively manage customer relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations
- Highly developed and creative approach to problem solving
- Keen interest in IT and software solutions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Based Operating Systems, preferably administering Active Directory, Server 2013/2016 Exchange 2013 onwards and Office 2016/ O365
- An understanding of PC Hardware and Windows 7 & 10 Configuration and support
- Basic understanding of networking & troubleshooting
- Experience of print and scan office equipment
- Windows server 2008/2012 exposure
- Hardware diagnostics, knowledge of laptop and desk top builds
- You will be part of an ambitious business where hard work, dedication and contribution to business goals will be noticed and rewarded with excellent promotion prospects.
- Full time salary £16,000 – £19,000 dependent on experience.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours of work, full time: 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
- Location: Office based, Wirral