We are one of the leading independent suppliers of Document Solutions across the UK. Highly experienced and innovative technical teams allow us to deliver industry leading performance and bespoke solutions utilising high quality photocopiers, printers and scanners from trusted partners.
We are growing fast and building an exciting future and we require an exceptional Sales Manager to accelerate this success. As Sales Manager you will be a member of the management team and have a key role in all strategic and business planning activities whilst being accountable for providing leadership and day to day performance management for our sales team.
The objective of this role is to prospect and generate new business sales from target accounts, customers and market segments to further develop the company’s client base.
As Sales Manager you will be accountable for the recruitment, training, coaching and development of the sales team to generate new business to achieve and exceed agreed sales targets. You will be expected to achieve on a consistent and ongoing basis and set an example to less experienced team members.
You will be an experienced Sales Leader with a proven track record of success in managing sales teams and comfortable operating in a KPI driven environment, continuously monitoring, reviewing and improving the performance of the sales team to achieve targets. This is an ideal position for a hands-on sales leader who wishes to apply their sales acumen, leadership and coaching expertise within a high growth potential business.
- Recruitment, training, coaching, mentoring, motivation and performance management of sales personnel
- Organise and structure the Sales Team to maximise revenue and profit.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Create a fast paced, results focused culture
- Develop, implement and maintain robust policies and procedures to cover all sales activities
- Develop new channel partners to reach new customer segments
- Maximise all sales opportunities through research of accounts and upselling techniques
- Research and development of new business from market segments key to Print Logic
- Reporting on sales performance, individual and team, though daily, weekly, monthly KPI’s, reports and forecasts to General Manager
- Understand and adhere to key performance indicators, reporting variance in a timely manner and taking corrective action when required.
- Provide accurate forecasting and clear plans to address any shortfall, delivering forecast within an acceptable tolerance
Successful candidates will have had extensive experience in managing sales teams in a B2B environment. Delivering results through strong management of both individual and team activity and performance.
You will possess the ability to work under pressure, be energetic and someone whom leads by example.
You will be responsible for achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team. If you think you have what it takes in combination with the relevant skill set required, we want to hear from you. Experience of managing B2B sales teams in a KPI focused environment is essential.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
Key Skills/Qualifications/Experience Requirements
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a sales role and two years’ experience managing a sales team.
- Passion for sales and lead generation
- Willingness to get hands on and help us build the business
- Ability to recognise problems and areas for improvements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow and to give clear instructions
- Demonstrable and successful previous experience as a sales manager in coaching and leading sales teams to consistently meet or exceed targets
- High degree of commercial acumen and the ability to work on own initiative, identifying commercial opportunities
- Researching and identifying potential customers and key decision makers – using all up to date method such as web, social media and phone based
- Strong personal relationship capability, someone who can motivate and inspire with a demonstrable track record of attracting and challenging a highly skilled professional workforce
- Strong knowledge of computers, internet research and using Microsoft Office and Pipedrive CRM software
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- New business development skills
- Accustomed to working in a busy, fast moving organisation
- Ability to think fast to deliver solutions on day to day issues
- A full and valid driver’s license owing to the occasional travel in the role.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- A strong knowledge of questioning techniques and active listening skills and the ability to coach these skills
- Strong client relationship and client management skills.
- Methodical and well organised
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to maximise team’s productivity
- Ability to strategically develop key accounts
- Faces conflict and challenge and deals with it in an open and constructive manner
- Confidence when dealing with a wide variety of people
- The ability to take responsibility and handle pressure
- Able to work to target and set KPI’s
- You will be part of an ambitious business where hard work, dedication and contribution to business goals will be noticed and rewarded.
- Excellent basic salary of £35,000 p.a. and OTE of more than £60,000 p.a.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meeting customer needs.
- Location: Office based, Wirral
- 20 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays